WE CAN BE TOO HARD ON OURSELVES

The subject of creative blocks came up this morning when I was talking with friends.
All creatives have them occasionally,it's a matter of how we frame them that can 
cause feelings of defeat or anxiety in us. My friend used the words "I can't stop 
procrastinating". I thought "okay", but I heard somewhere that procrastinating is 
such a desparageing term, to put it more positively the phrase “period of incubation” 
shines some light on this seemingly unproductive time. This works for me and is so 
much more positive. When I let my subconscious and my muse get together there is always 
the next great project be it related to art or any other problem that needs a solution.
 
Keeping and acquiring a good stock of reference photos is a constant source of
inspiration to me. There should never be a time when I have nothing to paint,
it's just a matter of how am I going to approach this and the necessity of doing prelim
inary work and conscious planning. 
 
Percolating ideas is the counterpart of actual studio work. 
And of course in the end you can't exclude the fact that there are happy accidents 
as I’m doing the work, that usually turns out to be the best part of the painting.
The result is never exactly what you planned, it’s something better.
 
Visit my Gallery/Shop loisbajor.com
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOOD NEWS

A STUDIO MUST HAVE